So I’m pretty excited about Madina touring here again in November. I’m even more excited that they’re playing King Tuts, playing FTTUTY in full, and the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus are supporting.
People going off their heads over the ticket bundles are doing my fucking head in though. Just a few points I’d like to make about that:
- They are playing tiny venues… meaning fewer tickets to sell to cover costs. Having optional ticket bundles that are more expensive is probably a way to help make up for that.
- Note the word ‘optional’. People are acting like there’s no £12 ticket. No one is forcing you to pay £25/£50.
- "Oh but why should I have to pay £50 to meet them?!?!1!". You’ve probably met them before, you know fine well they’ll be out and about and they’re pretty much the easiest people in the world to meet. Don’t want to pay £50? Then don’t pay it. There’s no need to act so hard done by.
- As if Matthew’s medical bills weren’t reason enough for them to need the money, there’s also the legal bills since he’s now suing Pivec. That shit aint cheap.
- For £25 you’re getting a ticket (£12 otherwise), a tshirt (usually around £15 at a show), 2 new songs (a few quid on iTunes), and a signed book (walk into Waterstones and you’re likely to spend up to £10 on a book). It’s a bit of a bargain, really.
- The band themselves haven’t even said anything about ticket bundles yet. Maybe wait to see what they have to say before having a verbal fit?
- What I’m basically trying to say is, I doubt any of you that are complaining know much about how or why these things are decided. Neither do I to be honest. Simmer doon.